RE: 1974 TR6 Tires

To: "'Kevin Ulmer'" <ulmerk@uncwil.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1974 TR6 Tires
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:36:24 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Beware of variations between manufacturers.  I initiated a recent thread on
the same subject.  I have 205-70/15 from two different manf'ers; 2 are
Yokohama and on the front they will scrape on a tough bounce. The other two
are Laramie (I never heard of either) and they are fine and never scrape on
the front. The Yoko's are visibly wider in the sidewall bulge.  My alignment
guy thought the 195-75/15 would be a better fit, but I haven't tried 'em.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK