Annoying rattle in '74 TR6 solved: you too?

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Annoying rattle in '74 TR6 solved: you too?
From: "John Jacobsen-Watts" <johnw@wrq.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:22:54 -0700
I drive my car without hardtop or softtop, and have been trying
to find the source of  rattles on both sides of the car, just
around the door latches. I've rebuilt the doors, etc., and was at
my wit's end until I figured out that, by removing the rear
quarter panels of the interior trim (i.e. above/surrounding the
rear wheel wells in the interior), I had access to the the two
captive plates just back of the door latches (they are for the
hardtop/softtop: you must cut holes in the trim to access them).
Cinching the plates down with some fuel hose pressed into the
area between the body and the plates solved these annoying
rattles. Now I can move on to the next noise: a U-joint creak on
the R-side (I was about to say driver's side...) axle.

Hope this if of some help to rattle-chasers like myself.

John
johnw@wrq.com