RE: 1974 TR6 Tires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1974 TR6 Tires
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:12:37 -0800
I agree on varying sizes(within the same size from manufacturer to
manufacturer).  Tires are like shoes, and feet and wheel wells know the
difference.

That aside, I presently have two 205-75/15's(tiger paw/generic brand/who knows)
on my front end. I just bought two Bridgestone Eager 215/65/15s($155 plus tax)
for my rear end.  The Bridgestones are very close height wise to the 205/75s
but the 205's are just slightly taller. Ofcourse the real difference is the
extra inch and half of tread width on the road. I tried the 215/65's on both
front and back and they dont rub. I moved them to the back so I can wear out
those 205/75's faster and get some 215/65's all the way around.  With the
215/65's came a very solid feel in pulling a tight curve at speed. I've heard
people highly recommend 205/70's Yoko's(Bud I believe it was) too so dont rule
those out as well.

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6(daily driver)
B'ham AL
--

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:36:24   jaltman wrote:

>Beware of variations between manufacturers.  I initiated a recent thread on
>the same subject.  I have 205-70/15 from two different manf'ers; 2 are
>Yokohama and on the front they will scrape on a tough bounce. The other two
>are Laramie (I never heard of either) and they are fine and never scrape on
>the front. The Yoko's are visibly wider in the sidewall bulge.  My alignment
>guy thought the 195-75/15 would be a better fit, but I haven't tried 'em.
>

>Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
>http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com