Might I be allowed to have a voice?

To: "Terry Buhay" <terryb@trader-ab.com>, "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>, "Mike Brinker" <thebrinkers@home.com>, "Marty" <martyhtc@bigfoot.com>, "Marc Duval" <Redrising@aol.com>, "Joel Finger" <graphinn@concentric.net>, "Jerry Havel" <jhavel@eagle.org>, "Bob Iwan" <bobbol@aol.com>, "Kent Howard" <KHoward313@aol.com>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Might I be allowed to have a voice?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:10:28 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Ladies and Gentlemen

Today, I have acquired a new owner. I understand from him that you know him
as jonmac. He seems a nice sort of bloke and he tells me that even though I
thought I was the only one left, this really isn't the case. You see, for
the last ten years or so, I've been sitting in a garage in South Wales (UK)
and my former owner who sadly died just before Christmas (and didn't give me
any warning at all of his intentions) was in the process of restoring me to
my former glory.
It's not that I'm that grotty - just a little careworn and my Sienna
paintwork is a bit faded. Also, something called rust has been trying to get
into my joints - but I've kept most of that at bay. Getting me on to the
trailer this morning to bring me to my new home was rather a shock and I
can't say I enjoyed going through a hailstorm while crossing a long bridge
over the Bristol Channel. But now I'm in a new garage, though I do have to
say this one isn't carpeted as my last one was. I've brought a lot of
luggage with me to my new abode and jonmac is very excited because he's
uncovered lots of bits and pieces which came with me in what I believe is
called "part of the deal" - whatever that is. Just before he went indoors
leaving me out here in the cold night, jonmac took this dictation from me
and promised to send it to my other Triumph cousins, brothers and sisters
around the world to say Hello. I'm so glad I'm not alone and I'm very
pleased to know that plans are afoot to make me look nice and to one day get
out and about once more. I'm what used to be called an Innsbruck Big Six. To
the uninformed, this is to let you know I'm a 2.5PI saloon, all of sixteen
odd feet long over my bumpers and within a gnat's cock of a ton and a half
in road trim. When my engine's sorted, I'll be delivering about 135
horsepower and within sniffing distance of 110 miles in the hour. I further
understand that when I'm finished, I'm going to be an Editorial car for two
Triumph magazines and I'll also be taking people from distant lands in my ni
ce comfy seats to the place where I was made on February 17, 1970.
What I'd like to know, is would you be interested in hearing about my final
stages of restoration? Jonmac says he's willing to continue taking dictation
from me - but if no-one's interested, I'll shut up. After all, it's
something I'm used to because no-one's asked me for me opinion on anything
since I rolled of the line in Coventry so long ago.
I'd like to give you a wink from my four headlights to say goodnight, but
some nameless jerk left my battery behind today and I can't even shout now!

"Canley Girl"