Re: TR6 Audio Speakers - in general

To: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Subject: Re: TR6 Audio Speakers - in general
From: George Osmundsen <gosmund@mail.jax.bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:54:22 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Radley, Jack wrote:

> I installed new speakers in my TR6.  I used the round 4" 2-way by Cerwin
> Vega and installed them in the kidney pads.  The speakers sounded very
> clear in the showroom, but now in the car they sound almost too clear
> with little or no bass.  Cranking the bass all the way up barely changes
> the sound and usually results in distortion.  The speakers I replaced
> performed similarly as I recall.  Is this typical of a 4" speaker in a
> TR6?  Do you need rear speakers to make the system sound right?
>
> Jack Radley

Jack, It's possible the speakers are out of phase, that is the +
terminal of both speakers to the respective + terminals of the radio.
If you're not sure, just try reversing the connections on one speaker
(either one) and see if it improves the bass response.  One of the most
noticeable symptoms of out of phase speakers is loss of bass.
Skip Osmundsen
'76 TR6.