TR6 Audio Speakers - in general

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Audio Speakers - in general
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:48:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I installed new speakers in my TR6.  I used the round 4" 2-way by Cerwin
Vega and installed them in the kidney pads.  The speakers sounded very
clear in the showroom, but now in the car they sound almost too clear
with little or no bass.  Cranking the bass all the way up barely changes
the sound and usually results in distortion.  The speakers I replaced
performed similarly as I recall.  Is this typical of a 4" speaker in a
TR6?  Do you need rear speakers to make the system sound right?

Jack Radley