Too Hot Coil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Too Hot Coil
From: Bwfox@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 08:20:20 EDT
Fellow Listers:

Need some help here;  Basil started rather reluctantly and needed more choke
than normal and would not idle without choke.  Went for a small drive hoping
that
as the engine warmed up, prob would disappear.  It did not.  Found tears in
the
diaphragms of both CD175s and splits in the PVC valve hoses, so those items
are on order.  What I did notice that really has me curious is the spark coil
was
extremely hot and covered with oil which was coming out the top around the
rim.
I have not yet examined the ignition system, but thought I would seek the
collective
wisdom of the group on this oil leaking aspect first.
Thanks to all for any ideas.

Cheers,
Barry W. Fox       65 TR4A  CT51681L
W1HFN