oil pump specs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil pump specs
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 05:18:45 EDT
Anyone have the experience of measuring their oil pump rotor clearances? My
manuals say wear between inner and outer rotor should  not to be above .010.
Mine measures from .007 to .009 on four points if I measure with the rotors
in place but if I take rotors out of the case I get more like .020.
My low oil pressure I'm sure is due to worn bearings (down to copper) but am
thinking of replacing rotor innards on the pump while I have it out - don't
want to spend the $40 if it's not neccessary though - any thoughts out there?
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74 (approx. 150,000 miles on the oil pump and I still had
pretty good oil pressure to the rockers)