buying/selling

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: buying/selling
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 09:34:17 -0700
Listers, I just recently sold a 1970 Karman Ghia conv. that I have owned
since 1973, purchased from the original owner, who was a doctor at the
German Embassy. The car had 24 K on it when I bought it and 43 K when I
sold, of the 19 K I put on it 25 years, 13 K was done in 1 year. I had
every paper and log maintenance record since day 1, including the
original bill of sale.  have no idea how many best of show, best
original, etc awards it took at the many shows I entered it in, but, the
car was as close to new as you could get. I was not looking to sell the
car,but, a fair offer was made and I starting thinking. Having a pit and
lift in my garage as well as all the records I invited the would be
purchaser to come for a better look, he showed-up with a 1/2 A@#$% very
unknowledgeable so called mechanic and they "informed" me they would be
taking the car for the day to put it through all their own check-up. Well
 my driveway is about 60 feet long so I walked them down it and pointed
my finger up the road and told them please don't come back. My point in
this, if my records of the car, my garage, and your just looking at the
car and knowing the complete story behind the car, you are not a buyer or
 a a person who knows anything about a car,. I was not hiding anything
and my home was open, look at it, look at 25 years of ownership and you
set the price for purchase, if you know what type car you want and did
your homework, "go to your hip and not your lip" the talking has stopped.
Just a 25 year owner who did know.   "FT"