Re: questions

To: <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Subject: Re: questions
From: "Gary Blake" <garyb@fast.co.za>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:28:03 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Hi Art,
>You are right many Triumphs were assembled in Belgium,
>including TRs of any model.A little correction to your text:
>TR3s were prefixed B  like BTS....
>TR6s were prefixed 1 (one) all CP models like 1CP....
>An other country where Triumphs were assembled was South Africa
>Motor Assemblies of Durban, But I do not know what prefix was
>given to these cars.
>
>Jean R Europe
>70 TR6 PI

Triumphs were assembled in South Africa by Motor Assemblies in Durban (now
the Toyota plant) in the 50's and 60's, Port Elizabeth for a short while in
the late 60's, and in the 70's by Leyland South Africa in Cape Town. Motor
Assemblies and Port Elizabeth assembled cars were given a local body number
in various sequences, local body numbers were continued in Cape Town with
the addition of the South African prefix of the number '4' to the commission
number.

Gary Blake
Johannesburg, South Africa