Engine Rebuild Tools?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Rebuild Tools?
From: Michael Morelli <mvmorel@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:24:59 -0700
Hi All,

It has been a while since I've been on the list.  I finally got a serviceable
engine for the
TR6 (i.e., NO thrust washer damage).  Am now in the rebuild phase.

The question is : 'Where have you guys found good precision measuring tools?'
I've
checked out MSC, Harbor Freight, Lisle, K&D, Sears, etc., but can only find
some of the
tools.  Some that I've found are really crappy too.  On my list are:

0-1" Dial indicator (0.001"), with magnetic base
6" Dial Calipers (0.001")
0-1" and 2-3" outside micrometers (0.0001")
Telescoping gauge set or possibly a dial bore gauge (0.0001")
Small hole gauge set
Valve spring compressor
Piston ring file
Piston ring expander
Piston ring compressor
Ridge reamer
Spring rate checker

For any of you that are in the Seattle area, I'd be interested in any local
tool shops
you might suggest as well.

Thank you, as always, for your input.

Mike Morelli