Re: Engine Rebuild Tools?

To: "Michael Morelli" <mvmorel@ibm.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild Tools?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:02:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Michael,

I used a combination of Parts America, Sears, Sears Auto Catalog, Harbor
Freight and eBay.com.

But my advise is to reconsider your list.  Many of the tools you have on
the list would be fun to own.  After all the man with the most tools when
he is the winner... right.  But seriously... you will find the   machine
shop will be rebuilding the head for you and will do most if not all of
your serious measuring.

The tools I bought were a ring expander, ring compressor, big puller, $30
SS caliper, cheap 3-piece set of micrometers on ebay (not sure I needed
these), high quality dial torque wrench, brass punch set, bearing drift
set, seal installation set.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com