Re: Oil Pressure - follow up

To: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure - follow up
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 09:45:20 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jack,
Even with a new oil pump, an engine with worn out main bearings would
not have solid oil pressure.  This is because the extra surface gap in
the bearings would allow for less pressure to build up and be reflected
in the reading on the gauge.

It's just like blowing up a balloon.  If the balloon is new, as you blow
into it the pressure rises.  If you cut the end off it, blowing into it
only causes the air to go out the hole and the pressure doesn't rise.

Regards,
Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer