Diff. Leak Part 4

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diff. Leak Part 4
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:42:48 -0400
Hi Folks,
Again, thanks to all who have responded to my questions.  This evening,
after giving the differential cover a good cleaning, I unbolted it and took
a look inside.
I don't think things are all that bad.  Two teeth on the crown are chipped
(about 10% missing).  The two chips were later found by poking around with
a mechanics telescoping magnet.  The "cage" looks like it  it had been
filed down on both sides - no doubt when the chips got caught up.  Also,
there is a fair amount of "swarf" in the oil.
As the mechanism is turned (by moving the back wheels) everything seems to
mesh nicely.
I'm very tempted to spray the inside down with a can or two of brake
cleaner to remove all the fine particles.  I think the stuff would
evapourate in a day or so.
Anyways what do you think?  Am I good to go?

Regards,  Adrian