RE: tr3 seat rail adjusters

To: gcook@webmail.bellsouth.net
Subject: RE: tr3 seat rail adjusters
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:20:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Reference Piggott; Original TR2/3/3A (interesting - no mention of B in
title)

p. 42; 2nd paragraph (1st full paragraph):

"The seats could move on sliding adjusters... with the lock release lever
mounted towards the the outside of the car."

No pictures.  This could be intrepreted two ways; 1) the locking mechanism
on the outboard rail or 2) the lever itself mounted so that it 'points'
towards the outside of the car - which would be the inboard rail.   So, who
knows.  I took a look at my rails and both of mine are on the left rail.
Outboard on the driver's side and Inboard on the passenger.   Either way, I
am half right  :^)

Operationally, the outboard rail is easier for me to handle because you can
open the door; reach under and pull the lever to operate.  Inboard, you have
to push the lever from the outboard side because of its close proximity to
the tran-tunnel.  That action, coupled with the effort to move the seat
assembly is more difficult.

Hope this helps.

Carl