Re: Diff. Leak Part 4

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Diff. Leak Part 4
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 06:18:47 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I don't think things are all that bad.  Two teeth on the crown are chipped
>(about 10% missing).
It depends on where the chips are.  If they are anywhere near the contact
area it is time for a new ring and pinion.  This is a very highly stressed
assembly.  If they are away from these areas they may be dressed down
slightly with a grinder or file.  If it were mine I would replace them
anyway.  Plus I would have to wonder, what caused them to chip in the first
place?.  I realize the expense, but better not to have to worry down the
road -