A-type Overdrive Casing Needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A-type Overdrive Casing Needed
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 11:04:46 -0400
Hi:

I just got off the phone with my mechanic.  He is in the final stages of
rebuilding the A-type overdrive scheduled to go into my TR4A.  It turns out
the main casing was damaged at some point in the distant past - probably by
hitting something on the road.  Anyway a piece of the casing broke off and
was expoxied back in place and the expoxy job is breaking down.

Breaking it apart again and re-expoxying it with screws for backup is a
possibility - so is aluminium welding.  A concern with both of these is
that one of the internal oil passages may wind up being "closed".

So I have to ask.  Does anyone out there have a spare A-type O/D casing
they are willing to part with?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  How did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance for the sympathy!

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                 e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Y2K Project Manager             v-mail: 613-533-2228
Dupuis Hall, Computing Centre      fax: 613-533-2168
Queen's University                home: 613-542-8110
Kingston, Ontario CANADA K7L 3N6  toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8

Q u e e n ' s  Y 2 K   U R L :  http://www.its.queensu.ca/year2000