RE: sealant for sump gasket - was Re: [TR6] thrust washers

To: robertp <robertp@esper.com>
Subject: RE: sealant for sump gasket - was Re: [TR6] thrust washers
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:36:21 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Permatex High Tack Adhesive Sealant, part No. 98D.
>
>This is GREAT stuff - it's a purple liquid that you
>brush onto the paper gasket (or any other gasket
Robert,

I used this stuff all through my engine and gearbox rebuild
based a very strong recommendation.  I think it's the same
stuff... I remember it being called  "HOLOMAR" or something
like that.  Works really great and you can get off your
hands and tools.  I had to open up the gearbox soon after
the rebuild and the gasket came apart clean and was
completely reuseable

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA
sanborn@net1plus.com