Re: Fiberglass repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiberglass repair
From: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichols@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 23:09:15 -0400

> Lenny Seidman wrote:
>
> I have used metal screening material like radiator screen/grill
> available in most home depot type stores and pop rivetted the screen in
> place over the damaged area and coated it with resin and then added the
> resin coated fiberglas cloth or mat.

Aluminum roof gutter screening works also and can be formed, bent and
trimmed to fit. It comes in long rolls from most hardware stores. I
admit I used it because I happened to have it in the garage but it does
work. It can used like rebar, as someone else mentioned, between layers
of cloth and resin.

John T. Nichols
'58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
'86 TVR 280i