RE: Sprite.

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sprite.
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:48:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Last week, I asked the list about a Austin Healy Sprite that a friend wanted
to sell.  Thanks for all who sent me the replies. (and there were actually
quite a few)  Someone even forwarded my inquiry to the spridget list and I
received several from them as well.  Well, I went to look at it this
weekend, heeded most everyone's advice (except Joe's - but your right, it is
ugly!) and bought it.  I pick it up next weekend.  I feel like Brad, just
adding another one to the stable!  I bought it because it was in remarkably
good shape (no rust that I could find and just one "dent") and the PPO did a
fairly decent job restoring it as a driver.  It's not concourse or even
close, but it will be something fun to drive while I try to get a spitfire
on the road.  And I thought the early spits were under powered!  Wow a
whopping 948 cc's.  Some interesting things I have found out about this
Healy is that it is a VERY early MKII.  One of the first few hundred to roll
off the line.  It appears to be close to original and really complete.  I
think it was not a US market car (no "U" in the commission number), but I
have no idea were it came from.  It's titled in '61, but some of the papers
that were passed down to the PO says '60 (which I don't understand, since
the MKII wasn't supposedly released until '61)  I most likely will drive
this car on weekends and such and sell it when I finish a spitfire, and use
the money to help buy another spit or a 3.  If I can get the brakes adjusted
to a point were I think they are safe, I'll drive it to the British Motor
Cars Ltd. First Annual Spring Thing April 17th in Madisonville Kentucky if
anyone wants to see it.  I'm actually pretty excited.  I have an LBC that I
can actually drive instead of looking at the pieces in the garage.

Bill Miller