Re: TR4 and TR6 Overdrives Whats the diffeance?

To: 66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: TR4 and TR6 Overdrives Whats the diffeance?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 06:19:25 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< I had a question about my OD tranny.  I have purchased a TR2 within the
 past year and it came with an overdrive.   I noticed that when I got a
 little closer look at the car the engine and OD tranny are out of a
 TR4.  How much differance is there in that OD tranny and an OD in that
 would go in my TR6?  Would it work in my TR6?  Is it an A type?  Will an
 A type go in a my 74 TR6..

I believe that the TR4 OD tranny will not fit in your '74 TR6. The rear
mounts are different. You need a J type for the '74.
Since you won't be needing the A type tranny, let me know when you plan to
throw it out so I can be there to catch it!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4