Re: TR4 and TR6 Overdrives Whats the diffeance?

To: Jeff Slaton <66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 and TR6 Overdrives Whats the diffeance?
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 11:04:30 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jeff

I see you have most of the answers for your question but .......
If the TR4 has a spring clutch and the TR6 has a diaphragm clutch, then
you will have to use a shorter front cover extension in the gearbox
(TR4= 2 3/8 inch extension,  TR4A/5/6 = 2 inch extension)   I just
shortened mine in a lathe.  The part number is 100157 (2 inch) in case
you don't know what I mean, it is the sleeve that the release bearing
assembly slides over. Of course the relevant clutch parts have to  be
changed as well.

Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)
1963  TR4   AFP 503A (UK) / IZS 733(USA) - CT27216-L (now not L but O )
1954  TR2   46 BHX                         TS554-O   UK Car in pieces
1989  Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 GLI   - Eurobox  but it goes !
Internet bjohnson@myself.com (work) or b.johnson@lycosmail.com(home)
New website http://websites.diamond.co.uk/~b.johnson/index.htm