SPIT TRANS ~ wanted

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SPIT TRANS ~ wanted
From: autoxr@zebra.net (Erik Bjorkner)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:13:13 -0600
As you all are aware, I have an aluminum flywheel for a 1296 and am trying to
install it on a 1500.  No real problems except that the splines on the trans
input shaft for the latter 1500's were finer than the 1296's and the early
1500's.  SO.. I really don't want to put custom parts in the car... too costly.
 The alternative is too find an early 1500 trans with the "10" spline input
shaft.  So right now I am debating costs with getting the correct flywheel, or
repalcing the trans and clutch assly.

SO... does anyone have a trans they want to sell?  Looking for an early 1500.

Thanks,

Erik