Re: SPIT TRANS ~ wanted

To: Erik Bjorkner <autoxr@zebra.net>
Subject: Re: SPIT TRANS ~ wanted
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:50:56 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Erik,
It seems to me that what you are looking for is a MkIV full synchro
3-rail tranny.  This is what I have in my Mk1 with 1500 engine (and no,
you can't have it).  Interestingly enough, I parted out a 75 1500 a
couple of years ago and it was one of those Belgium assembled cars
(1FMxxxxxIU).  What made it seem unique is the 3-rail fully synchro
tranny.   It was apparently from MkIV production there in Belgium.

I still have that tranny but inspection revealed that there were chips
on a couple of the gears.  If memory serves me, they were  the cluster
gear and the reverse gear.  Other than that, it appears to be intact.  I
was saving it for parts, but if you are interested, I'll let you have it
for $50 plus the cost of shipping it from Seattle.

Let me know.

Regards,
Joe

--