Re: SPIT TRANS ~ wanted

To: Erik Bjorkner <autoxr@zebra.net>
Subject: Re: SPIT TRANS ~ wanted
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:58:40 +0000
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Erik Bjorkner wrote:

> As you all are aware, I have an aluminum flywheel for a 1296 and am trying to
>install it on a 1500.  No real problems except that the splines on the trans
>input shaft for the latter 1500's were finer than the 1296's and the early
>1500's.  SO.. I really don't want to put custom parts in the car... too
>costly.  The alternative is too find an early 1500 trans with the "10" spline
>input shaft.  So right now I am debating costs with getting the correct
>flywheel, or repalcing the trans and clutch assly.
>
> SO... does anyone have a trans they want to sell?  Looking for an early 1500.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik

There is a way around this using Triumph parts, If I remember right, you need a
friction plate from a late 1300 Dolomite, I can't remember exactly, but if you
email John Kipping in the UK(can't remember his email address either) he'll be
able to tell what bits you need, and he'll most likely be able to sell them to
you too!

Regards

Rich
UK.