Re:TR6 Seat Covers

To: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's), triumphs@autox.team.net, 6packlist@mfasco.com
Subject: Re:TR6 Seat Covers
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:35:37 -0500
Marty

Bought my TR6 in July and the FIRST thing I did was put some black full
sheepskin seat covers on.  Best money I spent too.  I love them.  They really
are cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  My seats were in perfect
condition too, they'd been redone by the PO right before I bought the car, but
after about a week of sweaty legs and butt I decided to get the sheepskins.
They even make getting in and out of the car easier.

 Don't know where you live but, I got mine at Rocky Mt. Sheepskin here in Denver
and paid $275 for the pair.  They had a pair on the rack that were designed for
Porsche seats.  They fit the highback (early) TR6 seats perfectly even around
the shoulders of the seats.  One additional strap sewed on was all that was
needed.  Your seats I think are different but you might even have an easier time
finding an on-the-rack set of seat covers for the low-back seats.  Custom ones
will run you quite a bit more.

Good Luck
Bud  71TR6 CC57365
        71TR6 CC65446