Re: TR6 Oil Filter Color, also TR3?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Oil Filter Color, also TR3?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:36:14 -0500
George Hahn wrote:

> Power British Performance Parts, Inc. wrote:
> >
> > The original [oil filter] canisters for 4 cyl TR's were a light to medium
>peacock blue that fades
> > to what looks like a minty green.
>
> Can anyone comment on original color for TR3s?  Mine is a sort of light
> pea green (and in poor shape) but what would it have been originally?
> TIA.
>
> Geo Hahn
> 59 TR3A

George,

Canisters on 3A's were also at one time peacock blue.  The green color is the
result of years of heat
and oil staining.  Sorry, I can't find any spray can that is the right color.
Krylon 1904 Teal Blue is
as close as I have come off the shelf.  It is a little on the gray side and not
enough green.  I have a
can of Centauri mixed to the shade that we use when doing restos.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars