Needed 2 clips to secure air filter to Weber DGAV

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Needed 2 clips to secure air filter to Weber DGAV
From: r-james@tamu.edu
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 99 13:41:47
I have a Weber DGAV carb on my 1979 1500 cc Spitfire, with a
reusable (K&N or look-alike) air filter.  The problem is, it came
(used) with only one clip that secures the air filter to the carb.
Originally, I think these kits had several (maybe 6?) clips holding
the air filter on., but my (used) purchase only had the one clip.

The single clip seemed to work well for a year or two, but either it
was not secured properly, or it jostled loose...in any case it fell off,
and I am now without any clips.  (I presently have baling wire
securing the filter cover!)

These clips are "C" shaped spring clips, gripping about 1.75 inches (estimated.)
They grip the air filter cover and air filter, to the carb filter base.

I will appreciate it if anyone with a surplus supply of such clips will
contact me.

Many thanks in advance,
Ray

Ray W. James, P.E., Ph.D.