Re: TR6-Chassis ID

To: "Chris Kincer" <cgkincer@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6-Chassis ID
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:47:50 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
One of the PO has probably gotten an ID plate from a wrecked car for the
title.  Chances are that the numbers won't match if you really look into it.
The car could have been stolen and than had the plate replaced because they
had a title for the wreck.  This is not an uncommon practice among car
thieves  Most DMVs don't visually check the car when you register it and
verify the ID plate matches the vehicle.  Or, somebody replaced the body tub
from a salvage yard after a wreck and didn't bother to change the plate back
to the original.

These are just a few of the possibilities.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas