RE: TR6-Chassis ID

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'Chris Kincer'" <cgkincer@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: TR6-Chassis ID
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:57:23 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Just a hunch, but I've seen this happen before.  It was the result of
someone not having a title to the "good" car. They simply go buy a parts car
shell as long as it has a) a legal title and b) the ID plate.  Drill out the
rivets, re-rivet the ID plate to the "good" car, and bingo! Its titled.  I
ran across this on a six I bought in the 80's.  Turned out, the guy that
sold it to me didn't legally own the car.  He got possession of it after a
live-in girlfriend moved out and left the car behind (or that's what he said
later when confronted about it).  Regards, Greg