Re: Ertl TR6

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ertl TR6
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:17:03 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If you can't get the TR-6 at Toys R Us, it is still available from a number of
firms selling collectable scale models.  The following is a list of the sites I
use as a collector  (presently over 100 examples of TR2 through TR8 in plastic
and metal)

http://www.ewacars.com/index.html

http://www.otn.com/exoticar/exoticcat.html

http://www.triple-c.com/

They all have the Blue and Red TR6, as well as the special edition BRG TR6.
The special edition is a limited 2500 car run.  The models have different
license plates, painted wheel insets, different color dash, and the BRG body
color.  The boxing is also different.  They come in an American Muscle package
and have a tag with the # of the item and the total run - 193/2500.  These will
cost between $35 to $50, but will only go up in value on the collector market.
The other place to get the BRG model is TRF.  The distrabutor of the special
edition is here in Western Pennsylvania, and shows @ the Pittsburgh Vintage
Grande Prix.  He has been in touch with and supplied TRF.  If you do get one of
these models, and want it to hold its value, be sure and save the package!
Collectors willing to pay big bucks in the future will demand the original
package.

For those of you in the Pittsburgh area, the regular and limited editions can
be found at Hobby Corner, Rt 8 north of the PA Turnpike.

Believe me, I have no financial ties with these companies, blah, blah, blah.
except for the cost of the model car collection and the cost of body panels,
engine parts, wire wheels, etc for my 1:1 scale TR3.  (bought it from Ed woods
for $425.  What a steal.)

As to the scale of the fuel cap, measure the cap on the model and multiply by
18.  That should be the size of the real thing.  Or, measure the real thing and
divide by 18 and that should be the size on the model.  Use any measurement
your want - inches, metric, hands, etc.

Paul g. Wiegman
1956 TR3
TS/14551-L