Re: Veneer for TR6 fascia

To: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Subject: Re: Veneer for TR6 fascia
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:19:33 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied to my question about finishing the wood fascia.
> After removing the old varnish, it was apparent that the veneer needed to be
> replace.  Found a carpentry shop that makes cabinets as a good source.
> Wound up getting cheery veneer for $1.90 per square foot.  Total for the
> front of the fascia and the rear of the cubby door was less than $12.00, tax
> included.  If you are looking for veneer, be sure to try local
> carpentry/cabinet shops.
>
> Frank
> '76TR6 CF57005U

Frank:

Presumably you'll use contact cement to attach the veneer -- other
glues are too viscous and will wrinkle the thin wood upon absorption.
And when you do press the veneer into place, do yourself a favor and use
a roller.  Without one, it's likely you won't be able to avoid leaving
"bubbles" in the veneer, and/or said bubbles will show up later, after the
dash is installed.  Ask me how I know.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6