Italia opportunity

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Italia opportunity
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:16:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I told the list about a week ago about an Italia that I was looking at.  I
have decided that it is beyond my capabilities and would cost far too much
for me to pay someone who does have the skills to restore it. This car is
very significant and deserves to be restored to a degree fitting such a rare
car (only 329 ever built).  The car is missing the windshield, has rust in
the typical places, a dent in the front cowl, and is basically needing
EVERYTHING. It looked like the badges were present, but the guy said the
front bumper over riders are missing. I'm sending the photos back to the
seller, but I've taken scans of them.  If anyone on the list is interested,
I would be happy to email you the scans and contact information.  I have no
financial interest in this whatsoever.  My only interest is seeing that this
car eventually finds its way into the hands of someone who will do it
justice. I would hate to think of it falling into the hands of someone who
would tear it up or it eventually being scrapped. The car is in at Wilson
Motor Co. in Washington, Missouri and the guy was asking something like
$8995 for it which may be a little high (I really don't know).  By my rough
estimates, it would need at least another $20,000 to do it right.  But, that
figures paying someone for the body restoration.  One of you may have the
skills to do the body fabrication yourself which would cut that figure down
considerably.  Regards, Greg (still dreaming of having an Italia someday)
76 TR6
68 MGB/GT