Re: "Dumb" Question

To: Bob Danielson <rdaniels@snet.net>
Subject: Re: "Dumb" Question
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:55:30 -0800
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob, during the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, the car I had on jackstands
fared better than the daily driver parked next to it (no credit to the
stands, tho, a heavy shelf fell on it). Properly positioned stands are
pretty safe. Although I don't recommend earthquakes as a proper means of
testing them and I do encourage getting out from under the car in
anything over a 5.0. ;-)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L