Re: "Dumb" Question

To: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Dumb" Question
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:27:01 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Danielson <rdaniels@snet.net>
To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 17 January 1999 17:19
Subject: "Dumb" Question

Hi, Bob,

A little trick I learned from a bodyshop is to place your stands well apart
and as near to the point where the suspension loads are fed into the
bodyshell/chassis. Doing both these together may not always be possible but,
unless you are removing sills, etc., I would place the stands as far apart
as possible so the shell can't 'roll' off sideways.
If your working inside the car is enough to cause binding, the car is
seruoisly weak and needs fixing!

regards, Dave Hill.