Re: "Dumb" Question

To: reagntsj@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: "Dumb" Question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:09:00 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/18/99 6:56:38 PM EST, reagntsj@ricochet.net writes:

<< Bob, during the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, the car I had on jackstands
 fared better than the daily driver parked next to it (no credit to the
 stands, tho, a heavy shelf fell on it). Properly positioned stands are
 pretty safe. Although I don't recommend earthquakes as a proper means of
 testing them and I do encourage getting out from under the car in
 anything over a 5.0. ;-) >>
I'd be interested in seeing what sort of jackstands you employ now! :-)

Regards
Ken Nuelle
hailing from warm, flat and calm S Florida!