Re: Best Drives

To: Byron Brashears <brashears@hughes.net>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best Drives
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:29:17 -0500
Byron N. Brashears writes

>I want to get my 79 TR7 in good enough condition to do a tour in the
>June - August time frame around the US
>
>Any Ideas?

Where are you Starting/Stopping?

I live in St. Louis and one of my dream trips is to run Route 66
down to Santa Barbara then Rt 1 up to Oregon/Washington and then
follow the Lewis and Clark route (the Columbia/Missouri rivers)
back to St. Louis.

If you live somewhere on that route then this trip might be
viable.  But if you live somewhere else in the country then it
might be inconvenient to drive out to pick up the route.

If you live in the south/east then the Blue Ridge Parkway or the
Natchez Trace might be interesting and historical.  Or Highway 90
from New Orleans to Florida will allow quite a few nights on the
beach (but you can have this part of the country during June-August,
It's too hot and sticky for me)  Or there's Highway 61 for all you
blues fans.

Last year the wife and I drove up the Mississippi river in Wisconsin
to the VTR and it was beautiful.

You had some good ideas yourself.  So plan away.  Boy, I sure wish I
could take a month or two off and just drive around the country.

Dave (with a meager two weeks vacation) Massey