Re: best drives

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: best drives
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:23:10 -0700
Ken Bertschy wrote:

> On the remote eastern side of Arizona there lives the beast, US 666.

I know it well and it is all you say, except... if anyone looks for it
on a modern map they need to find US 191.

Sometime in the recent past the numbering was changed from 666 to 191.
Was it just too satanic for Fed to tolerate?

Maybe, like me, you have a cubbybox full of roadmaps from the 50s.  I
like to drive with maps that are at least as old as the car.  You
sometimes get a dead end but there are still a lot of the old roads out
there for driving as it was meant to be.

Of course the northern end of Highway 666 still exists in New Mexico and
runs through the Big Rez.  Tony Hillerman fans may think of this as the
Joe Leaphorn/Jim Chee Highway.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A