TR6 - PI

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: TR6 - PI
From: john_mcmaster@dpa.act.gov.au
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 08:51:08 +1000
     Tony,

     Been following your thread on the Digest.  You WILL need a high
     pressure pump (about 120lb) to operate the injectors.  they have a
     'crack' pressure of about 40 lbs. ie. they won't open until at least
     40lbs.  The system will not work with only 18 to 20 lbs.  If you're
     worried about the Lucas pump over heating, install a Bosch unit. These
     are readily available and mine operates at a little over 120 lbs.  The
     advantage of these is that the fuel passes through the pump (unlike
     the Lucas unit) keeping it cool.

     You will also need to install either a surge tank or baffle your fuel
     tank.  The US spec fuel tanks are not baffled and you'll suffer from
     fuel starvation when cornering unless you modify the system. (ask me
     why I know this!).  I have installed a surge tank, a pre-pump (about
     3lbs pressure) and the Bosch main pump on my '71 ex US TR6 and have
     never had a problem since.  BTW, my much modified '6 puts out about
     190 bhp with the injection system - much better than the standard 120!

     John Mc
     '71 TR 6 PI
     'Fast is First'