Nipples and reinforcements

Subject: Nipples and reinforcements
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:37:23 -0000
Hi All,

I've got to change my rear driveshaft gaiters  and would like to fit grease
nipples to the splined joints whilst the shafts are apart. Has anyone done
this and if so, do they have the dimensions as to where the nipples should
be placed?

This is on a 2.5PI-I reckon TR shafts should be sufficiently similar.

Also, a repeat of an earlier query that brought no answer.

There's apparently some risk of brakage on the U-section leading arms which
attach to the lower arms on saloons, especially on thse with an anti-sway
bar. I'm told they can be reinforced and usually are for competition.

I have a set of used leading arms and a sway bar to fit so if anyone has any
info on the reinforcement dimensions, I 'd appreciate them.
I assume it's a question of adding plates to make the U-section into square
section but I need plate thickness info and an idea of where the welds
should start and finish.

Thanks in advance for information offered,

David Hill