RE: TR6 - PI

To: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 - PI
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:04:08 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Greg,

Happy to do so.  It seems a number of folks are very interested in this
conversion judging from the email I'm receiving on and off the list.  As
observed by one person - the relatively low cost/BHP and novelty make this
an interesting route to explore.  I am keeping all the advice received, and
will add such info to a log of my conversion when it is undertaken later in
the year (still far too much white stuff in Michigan at the moment) and
post it back to the list and, hopefully, the FAQs file.

Also saw your post about the MGB fuel pump on the digest, and the fact that
it isn't affected by fuel vapor probs.  I think (stress the think rather
than know!) that is because the pump is a relatively low pressure pump that
remains relatively cool in normal operations.  The high pressure PI pump is
basically a windscreen wiper motor modified (and as is often the case in
terms of Lucas devices, not too well) to run at high pressure.  And it gets
very hot doing so, hot enough to vaporize the fuel, and since PI is an
immediate system (no float chambers ...), you don't run too well on vapor.

Cheers

Tony