Re: TR parts vendor question

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: TR parts vendor question
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:16:45 +0000
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Alan

I have had dealings with them, in fact they are about 30 miles down the road
from where I live.   The first time I bought anything from them I didn't
know too much about the other suppliers.   I found out afterwards that I
could have got most of the things that I bought a lot cheaper.    I also had
a problem with them in that I later bought a body mounting kit for my TR4
from them and they did not send the correct amount or type  of nut & bolts.
Even the amount of rubber strip they sent was too short.
Evan after I complained, I still had to pay for shipping the kit back to
them,  and the replacement kit again missed out some of the longer bolts.
I gave up and bought them locally, which is what I should have done in the
first place !
Having said that, they seem to have improved since (my dealings were in
1991) and they once did help me out by selling me a spin on oil filter
kit.   Some of the people I know who have TRs have had engines built by them
, and IMHO they are still a bit expensive.   They are knowledgable about
tuning engines though and they sponsor some of the UK racing TRs.   I think
that most of the tuning shops seem to be expensive anyway, so you pay your
money and you take your choice !!
I don't go to them habitually, even though they are the nearest TR supplier
to me.

Brian Johnson  - UK  TR4/TR2