Re: Bumper Removal

To: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Bumper Removal
From: "Frank & Carol Bandre" <bandrece@accessus.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 07:02:27 -0600
Cc: "TR Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob

When I removed the rear bumpers on my 76 TR6 I removed the bumper overiders
to cut down on the weight.  They have a two piece bracket that goes around
the bumper.  Also, there is a nut on the inside of the bumper at about the
center of the bumper overiders.  In order to get to this nut, I needed a
ratchet,  a long extension, a universal joint, and the the socket.  Could
only move the wrench a small amount each time. This attaches to a stud
mounted in the bumber.  The nut at the end of the leaf (inside the frame)
is welded to the frame.  One of the bolts on my TR6 snapped, so if you got
yours off, good work.