Triumph PI System info

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph PI System info
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:49:25 -0500
Cc: andrew@britclassiccar.co.uk
Folks,

Like many US TR6 owners, I have always felt a little miffed that the number
of horses available if less that those available to the folks in the UK and
elsewhere.  So I have been trying to find a way to get a complete PI system
to retro fit to my '72 TR6.  After several months of adverts and the odd
phone call, I have now discovered a source for complete PI systems, from
the pump to the injectors (apart from the tank to metering unit fuel lines).

The source is a UK restoration company. (Woodbridge Classic Cars Ltd.) who
seem to have specialized in collecting together PI systems.  Cost for the
PI system before shipping is GBP 350 (about $570 US).  They can't guarantee
the units, but seem to be happy to recondition the injectors and test
everything before shipping.  The critical item is the metering unit (and if
all else fails, there is the Rimmer reconditioned unit at about $250
exchange - and if you can time your purchase, with free shipping).

Although I haven't seen the stuff yet - just placed the order the other day
- I was very impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of the person I
spoke to (Andrew, I think).  They are on the web at
www.britclassiccar.co.uk, and via email at andrew@britclassiccar.co.uk

Once I get the stuff, I will attempt to document my summer endeavors to get
yet another Lucas inspired nightmare to work (but apart from the pump, it
ain't electrical so should be a real breeze!!!) and will post the info to
the list, and would be really happy to talk to anyone doing (or having
done) a similar conversion!

And I don't have any pecunary or fiducary interests, apart from wanting to
buy a system!

Tony Gordon

1972 CC79849U (soon to be CP....?)