Fwd: The first Dolomites

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Fwd: The first Dolomites
From: Damian Carvolth <d.carvolth@cat.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:11:41 +1000
>Recently I've seen several references to a '39 Triumph Dolomite.  I know
>there was a Dolomite model sold in the UK in the sixties or seventies, but I
>can find no particular reference to this earlier model.  The Classic and
>Sports Car values section doesn't list it and I don't seem to have anything
>in the personal library.
>
>Were they imported into this country?  (USA) How many were made?  How rare
>are they now?  Anybody have a URL for a picture?

They only made a handfull, they were race cars and straight 8's if memory
serves me. They are incredibly beutiful cars and VERY expensive now. The
70's dolomite was named after them, like the alfetta was named after a pre
war racer and so many other nuovo cars....and bikes...nuovo saturno anyone....

Dunno if there is anything on them on the web, I've never been very good at
surfing...
Damian Carvolth
"I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life", L.J. Young
damian@dem.csiro.au

http://www.brb.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/CarvolthDamian/

http://dove.mtx.net.au/~bryanb/members.htm#Damian Carvolth