Re: The first Dolomites

To: TR <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: The first Dolomites
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:58:46 -0700
R. John Lye wrote:

> Sorry, you've both confused this car (which indeed is the *first* Dolomite)
> with the '39 Dolomite that Ken Gano was asking about.

Confusion is likely as the Dolomite nameplate was used on several cars
that were (to say the least) quite different from one another.

Graham Robson's book "Triumph Sports Cars" -- volume 219 in a series of
little paperbacks called the "Shire Album" pictures both the Alfa
look-alike and the roadster of 1939 (pp 4 & 5).  I got the book from
Moss years ago, don't know that it is still available.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A