Gender bender

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gender bender
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 05:55:26 -0700
My girly car spitfire isn't very fast. But you don't see people waving and
saying "cool car" to Jag XJ6 owners.  My Spit has the curves that draw
serious attention from pedestrians and motorists alike. Nobody has ever
complemented me in a Jag. They always complement me in the spit.  Makes a
guy feel kinda "special" (heh, heh). I think of any car worth driving as
"female". It has to have the curves in the right places, a nice "waist",
and when referring to it, the pronoun "she" should feel natural. "How fast
does she go"? "What'll she do?"  (Answer, "She's mostly a garage queen")
So, it's interesting to see female owners give their spitfires male names.
I wonder if gays and lesbians give their spitfires same-sex names?  Not
that there's anything wrong with that!

Ken Bertschy, a girl's best friend