Re: Girly car

To: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: Re: Girly car
From: Bill and Sal Birney <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:25:01 +1100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Since I sort of started this, sorry Mike, I was very much tongue in cheek!

> Then Aaron Johnson posted something like "manly
>car?, this is coming from a guy that drives the girliest Triumph of them
>all. (with an arrow pointing at the GT6 in my signature line)
>What I wrote was a come back to that statement. I guess what caught
>everyones attention is when I changed the subject line from "Incompatable"
>to "girly car".

But, as for you Aaron, just wait until we GT6 people find you, and we'll
stick the dress on your car and the lip stick on you (harder to get than
egg too)!!!!

>I bought my wife the GT6 because I thought it was a faster car than the
>Spitfire. (sorry, now I can piss off another Triumph group)

You were doing so well, you were nearly out of the poo....Ask Andy Mace how
hard a Spitfire can go. I know that the modded MkII is pretty quick car for
1296cc!! (no I don't want to go back to the 'lets drag the rotary thread' -
I used to own an RX3. I may have an over inflated idea of how fast the
Spitfire is, but that RX3 made most V8's go and hide).

Bill and Sal Birney
Melbourne, Australia

'67 Spitfire  MkII - Under resto
'70 GT6+ (RHD)