Re: timing a TR4 engine w/ light?

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: timing a TR4 engine w/ light?
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 19:30:21 +0000
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm

I'm having problems with my timing also, but due to 'pinking' in the
engine of my TR4.
However what I have seem in a UK Moss catalog is the following - - with
the engine running at a fast idle speed, adjust the distributor to give
max RPM, then retard the timing to give a drop of 100 RPM in engine
speed.

I haven't tried this myself, but I probably will when the car comes out
in a couple of months time !   Anyone else tried this ?
--
Cheers
Brian Johnson

Internet     bjohnson@mmm.com (work) or b.johnson@diamond.co.uk  (home)

1963  TR4   AFP503A / IZS 733  - CT27216-L  (now not L but O ) ex USA
1954  TR2   46 BHX               TS554-O   in lots of pieces     UK Car