Re: Bearings and Oil Pump

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bearings and Oil Pump
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 20:22:44 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Wayne, your decision re: whether you need to pull the crank needs to be made
before you install bearings.  If you try to check with plastiguage using old
bearings you will get false readings because of wear of crank and bearings.
Also
you will not be able to check out of round, which you must consider.  Bearing
clearance will need to be in the .0015-.0025 range, which will not leave much
room
for error.  You may be able to guess at main condition if the rods are ok, as
rods
are generally first to wear, but look out for rods that were cut before and
mains
that were not.  John